Thursday 9 August 2012

Just A Start

To begin with, if you think that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor...well you best stop reading now. My gene's are English, Scottish and Irish and believe me there is no getting past sarcasm with that lineage. I like to think of it as an ironic form of humor, and because irony is a complex and intellectual concept, I am, therefore, expanding your minds in ways you can't even imagine (ha!).

I must confess that I am not the best speller, and I do not have the best grammar despite the fact that I do have an English degree. I like to think that it comes from the fact that I started my schooling off in french immersion and could never figure out the "wh" combo in the who, what, and where's. But, even though I blame it on my early years of schooling... I am pretty sure it is just my brain and the fact that it doesn't function in that way. So if you come across one of the numerous errors and you want to point out that you are more intelligent than I am and that I should proof read my work-- save it. This is proof read, I already know I can't spot the mistakes, yes you are smarter than me, the end. Good. Now that we have that out of the way, we shall move forward.

If you do not know me and are judging me based on my previous paragraph I have to clear something up-- I say I have an English degree, but really I have a theatre degree with a dash of English on the side. I studied at both University of Toronto Mississauga and Sheridan College in their Theatre and Drama studies program-- but of course my acting resume has those listed the other way around ;). Also, another thing that you have to know about me (if you are going to bother reading this blog) is that my greatest ambition in life is to become an actor (there is no sarcasm in that sentence).

I have been thinking a lot about starting something like this lately. I feel like I have a lot of stuff collecting in my brain, and I think it's time to set some of it free. I say some because I can't reveal to you all of my secrets that have gotten me so far in life (ha!)... But aside from my secrets, I think that this is an excellent medium to share what I think about books, films, and acting stuff, and of course if you have opinions on my opinions then, by all means, share them with me please!

I will leave you with this first thought: So you really want to be an actor?



No comments:

Post a Comment