Friday 14 September 2012

Wedding-a-ling



I never knew weddings could be so emotional. I always see people get teary and cry during movies, but ultimately I didn't really understand why. I get teary over the drop of a hat...so I don't think I specifically count. But still, there is a moment in a wedding-- when you know the person getting married-- and you think that this is the event that is going to change their lives forever and ever and nothing will ever be the same after those two simple words-- that things become both beautiful, exciting, and emotional. And then there comes the buying of a new house and you think that this is the event that is going to change their lives forever and ever and nothing will ever be the same after you step in the front door for the firs time. And then there comes the baby and you think that this is the event that is going to change their lives forever and ever and nothing will ever be the same after that birth...okay actually this last one, I think wins because nothing is the same after you have the child.

I realized right before the wedding was about to take place that I was feeling exactly like I feel right before I go on stage. I was nervous (and yes I get nervous every time I get up on stage to perform...even for karaoke). I wasn't nervous about the actual event of the wedding...I was nervous that my heels were to high for walking on grass, and that I was either going to sink into the grass and not be able to move-- or that I was going to fall and twist my ankle and hobble down the aisle making a spectacle of myself, ruining everything. Lucky for me, neither of these events happened. Although I bet you would be a lot more interested if they did. 

But enough about me... this is the one day that isn't mine (ba ha ha.) The bride was beautiful-- the day was pretty much stress free, and the whole thing was incredibly stunning. And for those of you who are not sure if they should or should not get a Limo for arriving at the reception-- get one. While the bride and groom are off taking pictures...there is some champagne left to keep the rest of you occupied-- and a quick stop at the LCBO makes the time spent in the Limo very appealing-- and the walk into the reception much less nerve-racking then the initial walk down the aisle (despite the mimosa's had in the morning).





I wish we could freeze time. Rewind. Relive. Have the flowers, and sunshine and laughter last forever. I guess that is why photos and video's exist. But, alas, the special day seemed to fly by (as they always do). And what was once a day to be anticipated is now a day to look fondly back on. (Especially when there is video evidence of someone doing the splits on the dance floor-- I have no idea who that person could have been...what a crazy family!). All I have left to say is congrats to the now happily married couple-- and thank god no one fainted!





No comments:

Post a Comment