Thursday 16 January 2014

A Reflection: Bridget Jone's Diary

 
 I think it is safe to say that a good majority of us have seen this movie on T.V a variety of times. Nontheless, it still brings me great joy to curl up and watch Hugh Grant and Colin Firth duke it out over Rene Zelwigger. There were a few things I had assumed about this book before reading it:


1) I thought that this would be an entertaining chick flick
2) I thought it would be fluffy
3) I thought it would be a fast-read

Was it an entertaining chick flick? That it was. I would label a Chick Click as a novel (or film), whose plot revolves around a female protagonist on their quest to find love and, more accutely, focuses on their emotions and feelings about the happenings (often driving men out of the room if watched on the T.V). However, in terms of this "chick flick" I would have to say that it was far less "fluffy" then I anticipated-- actually I think it is a very clever account of how single woman live (pre-cell phone); the heart-break, the occasional self-loathing, and the struggle to remain independent throughout it all. The novel, also, has a few suprises of its own! While this novel could be deemed as a fast-read, I still thought that many of its enteries held alot of merit.
Bridget-Jones-Diary
This was a fun novel that I would recomend for any flirty reader out there who has yet to read it!








Up Next: Brideshead Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment