Wednesday 14 August 2013

A Refelction: Catch 22

 Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor on the chin at night sneaky with a knife brought up down on the magazine of a battleship sandbagged underhanded in the dark without a word of warning.




Catch 22. What a book. I would say this has to be some of my favorite writing. I love a good satire and Joseph Heller just seems to take command. While laughing my way through, I can't help but truly think about what it's commenting on. Brilliant. I think the only way for you to understand what I am saying, is to read it-- so I will leave you a little taste of Heller.


"He woke up blinking with a slight pain in his head and opened his eyes upon a world boiling in chaos in which everything was in proper order"


"'Because I'm the people I buy them from,' Milo Explained. 'I make a profit of three and a quarter cents apiece when I sell them to me and from me. That's a total profit of six cents an egg. I lose only two cents an egg when I sell them to the mess halls at five cents apiece, and that's how I can make a profit buying eggs for seven cents apiece and selling them for five cents apiece. I pay only one cent apiece at the hen when I buy them in Sicily.' "


"There was no way of really knowing anything, he knew, not even that there was no way of really knowing anything"

Up Nest: Crime and Punishment

No comments:

Post a Comment