Friday 5 April 2013

A Reflection: Lord of the Rings





If there is one thing I can say about these epics, it's that they took you on quite a journey. The world Tolkein has created and made come to life through these tales is incredible. I am not going to sit here and explain what I liked and did not like about these novels, as I realise that many people love these books for good reason, and who am I to talk about something I have only read through once. I understand why people have come to love and cherish these books for they are grand, incredibly well thought out, and the world is so well developed that it would be easy for a reader to fantasize about being there themselves. As a woman, I would have to say that I felt these novels were lacking in women characters-- however, given the time that Tolkein wrote, it is forgivable. After reading these adventures-- I have to say how shocked I am at how much is taken from them for other works *cough* Harry Potter** cough...but, then again, the best artists steel.


Up Next: Jane Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment